Eleventy Web Starter is a lightweight Eleventy (11ty.io) boilerplate utilising, ESBuild Tailwind and PostCSS.
I've been a big fan of Eleventy since its early days. I first used it back in 2018 and used it for projects ranging from tiny micro-sites to archiving a huge 65k news articles from a national news website. It's a ridiculously great tool that can be tuned to build almost anything you want on the web.
This boilerplate is one I actively maintain and keep up to date. It doesn't include much public facing code but provides a solid foundation for kick starting a project with Eleventy - not just a blog.
- The project uses Eleventy as a static site generator
- Default templating is Nunjucks (This can be changed)
- PostCSS set up to handle:
- CSS Imports
- PurgeCSS to remove unused CSS (set up for TailwindCSS by default) in production
- HTML minified in production
- CSS inlined and minified in production
- esbuild used to bundle and minify scripts
If you have any questions or would like to suggest an improvement, please feel free to file an issue on GitHub.