I like tech, cycling, hiking and photography. Here's my list of stuff that I use.
- MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021, M1 Pro 16GB RAM, 1TB)
- iPad Pro Wi-Fi (2018) 256GB
- iPhone 13 Pro 128GB
- Mac Mini (2012) - Use as a home server.
- DELL U3219Q Display
- Keychron K8 UK ISO Keyboard
35mm Film Cameras
- Olympus OM10
- Canon EOS 500
- Ricoh 500 G
- Olympus XA2
- Canon Snappy S
I love full manual older lenses. You can get extremely well built lenses with great glass for cheap (compared to modern alternatives). I enjoy using them, it makes me think.
Desktop Applications & Tools
I use a mix of open-source software, leased, and commercial software.
- Visual Studio Code - My editor of choice right now, can't really fault it.
- iTerm 2 Nightly - I prefer the customisation options you get with iTerm, also the global hotkey is a must.
- SequelAce - Use for all my relational database needs.
- FileZilla - Whenever I need to quickly get into a server and see what I'm doing.
- ImageOptim - Crunching images for the web, save some space or strip personally identifiable metadata.
- Tower - The only Git client I have ever needed.
- Sketch - Prefer it to Figma
- Iconset - I have a few open-source icon collections stored in Iconset, it's scary how much I use this app.
- Lightroom Classic - I hope Adobe don't kill this. I don't mind Lightroom CC but I hate that your library has to live on the cloud.
- Vanilla Pro
- iA Writer - I use Plain Text for all my notes, see my post about it.
- Google Chrome
- ohmyzsh - I'm not a 10x Developer...but ohmyzsh makes me feel like one.
Mobile Applications & Tools
- Todoist (Premium)
- IFTTT - Turns my lights on and off and sunrise/sunset.
- Bitwarden - Password Manager of choice.
- Apple Books
- Met Office - Most accurate weather information in the UK, imo.
Music & Video
- Darkroom - A brilliant photo editing tool that beautifully integrates with iCloud Photos. When they add the ability to adjust clarity I'll ditch Polarr completely.
- RNI Films - The most realistic film presets I've found, also fantastic but simply editing tools.
- TouchRetouch - One app that solves one problem well - and better than others attempt to.
- Lively - Exporting live photos as GIFs and Movies.
- Osprey Stratos 36 Backpack - Fantastic backpack for climbing and hiking.
- Trakke Assynt Backpack - Great for a day out taking photos, walking or commuting.
- SIMOND 12-point crampons
- Grivel Munro Ice Axe
- The North Face Mens Triclimate II Jacket
- Montane Atomic Waterproof Jacket
- Patagonia Crosstrek Fleece Hoody
- Ribble Gravel AL
- Single Speed made of random components
- Planet-X RT--80 Road Bike
- Cannondale CAAD8 Rebuild (In-Progress)
- Rapha Jerseys
- dhb Cycling Shorts
- Shimano SPD shoes
Last updated 09 June 2022